Here's my two cents for today...

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Escorial in the snow

 A couple weeks ago I decided to take a couple friends up to Escorial to see the Monastery. Although I'd already visited earlier in the month, I thought it would be nice to see the site again and see if I missed anything. As per usual I did not check the weather and to my surprise the train ride up was filled with snow.







Although it was very cold, the snow made the trip so much better. For a Texan, Australian and Southern Californian a little snow was exciting for us, especially in Madrid in March



 Our Australian friend was nearly giddy at the sight of snow,  as it was one of his only encounters with it.



 The inside of the monastery offered a break from the wind and we explored the old halls of Phillip II with thankfulness at being out of the cold.









Afterwards we found a small cafe for a quick lunch before our train ride back down the hill.



At this point the snow really started to come down but luckily the walk was only about 20 minutes




Next time: Lisbon , Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment